eBooks pave the way to eLearning. When I was a high school student, there was no such thing as eBooks. As a matter of fact, there was no internet to have anything “e” like eTraining or elearning or my own name “ePleasure.” I hated the drudgery of lugging around heavy paper textbooks from class to class. I can remember when I would meticulously make covers for each textbook out of paper bags to protect them.
Now the books that I read were all hard cover meaning I didn’t have the luxury of reading a book on an iPad, computer, laptop, you know, all the electronic methods that we have now. eBooks have many different synonyms that describe them. According to Wikipedia, “an electronic book (variously: e-book, eBook, e-Book, ebook, digital book, or even e-edition) is a book-length publication in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on computers or other electronic devices.” Now, eBooks open up new possibilities for learning and reading for pleasure made even more alive by the inclusion of videos, audiobooks, and more.
eBooks Pave the Way to eLearning
eBooks can be broken down into fiction (information or events that are not real) and non-fiction (information or events that are real and are based from facts and true information). Get between the ePages of a good drama, mystery, science fiction fantasy, romance, or even delve into self-improvement, history, biographies, travel – there are just too many categories to list here, but it all boils down to just one thing – pure ePleasure. Take a look at the many benefits that both readers and authors can enjoy:
- They can be read through a wide variety of electronic formats.
- Trees aren’t being killed with the publishing of an eBook.
- They are widely available which makes them a universal resource.
- They take up little room and are not cumbersome to carry around.
- You can read the same eBook as someone else at the same time – and even hundreds of other people at the same time.
- Ebooks are ageless. They are resistant to mildew, crumbling, rotting or falling apart.
- You can search for keywords or phrases in an eBook.
- Ebooks are multi-purpose. You can walk or jog while reading an eBook.
- Ebooks are reasonably priced (usually less money than a hardback.
Now for all you authors out there:
- Ebooks are faster to produce than paper books.
- Ebooks are easy to update, correct errors and even add information.
- Ebooks are cheaper to produce than your typical hardback paper books.
- Ebook authors can add additional things like hyperlinks and multimedia.
- Ebooks provide an outlet for creative writers to excel whereas authorship of paper books are more restrictive to the involvement of big publishing houses.
- E-books can be used as an avenue to promote other products and services.
eBooks pave the way to eLearning and open up new and exciting possibilities for ePleasure. While I still read my old favorite hardbacks over and over, I find that they are slowly having to move over to let my new found enjoyment take root by reading authors like Dick Francis, John Grisham, Joel Osteen, Billy Graham, Hal Lindsay, and many, many more. So why don’t you open the doors to your ePleasure and explore the world of eBooks. You won’t regret it.
Pam Lokker is a skillful writer and proficient virtual assistant. Borlok Virtual Assistants is the place to get global expert Virtual Assistant services with quality and on-time delivery.
Copyright: venimo / 123RF Stock Photo